Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Quick, clean and simple (CAS) card



This is such a quick and simple card that took 5 minutes to make.

I cut a piece of patterned paper (from my much-loved but barely used stash) to a size slightly smaller than my folded card.

I then punched out the label shape from one corner, and used a paper piercer and template to pierce around the recess.

I used this frame to stamp the sentiment  through onto the card itself.

I mounted the card on foam pads to give a slight raise, and then stamped and punched the teensy butterfly to stick to the corner. A few bits of sparkle, and job done.

 A really quick and easy go-to design for last minute "I forgot it was *insert name here*'s birthday/anniversary/job interview" card - just change the sentiment, and off you go!

I used:
(Check out next week for a punch review Martha Steward vs Stampin' Up.)

Are you a "Clean and Simple" card maker, or do you like a bit of frills and fancy? Or, if you haven't made your own cards before, what would encourage you? Do tell!

2 comments:

debs14 said...

I don't make many cards so mine are usually 'oh no, I've forgotten xxxx's birthday'. So this CAS style is perfect for me. I shall give it a go and see if mine looks as fab as yours!

Unknown said...

Ooh, let me know how you get on. I'm about less stress more fun now, so am going to be doing more CAS cards!